700 Galvin Drive, Lakeland, FL 33801
Breakfast Served: 7:40-7:55 am
Tardy Bell: 8:00 am
Dismissal Bell: 3:00 pm
The vision of Crystal Lake Elementary is to provide all students with a safe consistent learning environment where every student will S.O.A.R.
For more than 60 years, Crystal Lake Elementary has served the Crystal Lake neighborhood in east Lakeland. Multiple generations consider the school much more than a collection of classrooms; it is a second home, where members of their extended family attend and work.
A true neighborhood school, the vast majority of students live within walking distance of the campus, which deepens the sense of familiarity. Our students are also playmates, and our parents are also neighbors.
Almost as rich as the relationships at Crystal Lake Elementary is the school pride. Crystal Lake has produced numerous notable alumni, including Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd, Assistant County Manager Chandra Frederick and Tax Collector Joe Tedder. All still proudly declare themselves Crystal Lake Elementary Eagles.
In 2018, Crystal Lake Elementary became the first community partnership school in Polk County, and its name changed to Crystal Lake Elementary, A Community Partnership School. Following the community partnership school model set by the University of Central Florida, Crystal Lake Elementary now offers a variety of supports and services for students, families, and community members, including an on-site clinic, after-school tutoring and many clubs and after-school activities.
We Believe that...
- That all students can learn and achieve high standards of academic excellence regardless of language, disability, or economic/family situation.
- All instruction will meet students’ individual needs.
- A safe and secure environment is essential for teaching and learning.
- Parent and community involvement are critical to student achievement.
- That our teachers have an unconditional dedication and commitment to their students.
- Quality professional staff development enhances the school and classroom instruction.
- Our students will become productive citizens and contributing members of society.
- Our students will Show Respect, Outstanding Character, Academic Pride, and Resolve Problems – S.O.A.R.